Consent & the GDPR Data Protection Rights
No cookie consent is needed on this site because:
- the data is not used for any other purpose than analytics.
- visitors aren’t tracked across sites.
- fingerprints change daily for every visitor meaning no visitor can be followed across days within the same site, and no user profiles can be generated when cookies are disabled.
However, I would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every visitor is entitled to the following:
- The right to access -- You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification -- You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that I complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure -- You have the right to request that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing -- You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing -- You have the right to object to my processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability -- You have the right to request that I transfer the data that I have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information I Collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point I ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact me directly (e.g. via email or the website's chatbot), I may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send me, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How I use Analytics
I collect data from visits on my website with Matomo. With this, I have also made sure that I:
- Do not use any client-side state, such as cookies or localStorage for analytics.
- Do not “fingerprint” individuals via their IP address, User Agent string, or any other data for the purpose of displaying analytics
- IP addresses are anonymised (2 or 3 bytes).
- Page URLs and Page titles do not include personal data/PII (such as the visitor’s name).
- Page Referrers URLs do not include personal data.
- the data collected is used only for the audience measurement and evaluation of the website performance and not other purposes.
- that I am only tracking users on a single site and not tracking the same user across different websites.
I do not and will not sell your data. And no third-party has access to Geffrey van der Bos' Blog analytics.
Another part of my priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. I encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Geffrey van der Bos' Blog does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on my site, I strongly encourage you to contact me immediately and I will do my best efforts to promptly remove such information from my records.
I hope I informed you enough about your privacy and your rights. Again, do not hesitate to reach out to me on email@example.com if you have any concerns.